Chunhua Deng, M.D. Ph.D.
Professor, Doctoral Supervisor
The First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-sen University
Department of Urology
No.58, Zhongshan 2nd Road, Guangzhou, P.R. China, 510080
1981-1986 Jiangxi Medical College, Nanchang, China Bachelor of Medicine
1988-1991 Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China Master of Medicine
1994-1997 Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China M.D. and Ph.D in Urology
1986-1988: The First Peoples Hospital, Ganxian, Jiangxi, China (Resident)
1997-2000: The First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China (Attending Physician, Department of Urology)
2001-2007: The First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China (Associate Professor, Department of Urology)
2008-now: The First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China (Professor, Department of Urology)
2010-now: Medical College of Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China (Part-time Professor, Stem Cells and Tissue Engineering Center)
2013-now: The Futian Affiliated Hospital of Shenzhen University, Shenzhen, China (Distinguished Professor, Department of Urology)
2014-now: The Sixth Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China (Distinguished Professor, Department of Reproductive Medicine)
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS and SERVICE
2014-now: Chairman Candidate, Andrology Branch of Chinese Medical Association
2007-2014: Vice-Chairman, Andrology Branch of Chinese Medical Association
2006-present: Chairman, Andrology Branch of Guangdong Medical Association
Associate Editor in Chief: National Journal of Andrology.
Editor: Chinese Journal of Andrology; Guangdong Medicine; New Medicines.
- Eur Urol
- J Sex Med
- Stem cells Dev
- Syst Biol Reprod Med
- Asian J Androl
- Chin Med J
- The mechanisms and new treatment of Andrologic diseases (Erectile dysfunction, Male infertility, etc.)
- Tissue Regeneration and Cell therapy in the Andrology.
- Clinical Interests: General Urology; Andrology, Urinary Tract Reconstruction
- Grant from National Natural Science Foundation of China, 81471449 (PI), 01/01/2015-12/31/2018.
- Grant from National Natural Science Foundation of China, 81270696 (PI), 01/01/2011-12/31/2015.
- Grant from Guangdong province science and technology project, 2011B031800115(PI), 01/01/2011-12/31/2014.
- Grant from National Natural Science Foundation of China, 81070488(PI), 01/01/2011-12/31/2013.
- Grant from Guangdong Natural Science Foundation, 10251008901000005 (PI), 01/01/2011-12/31/2013.
- Grant from National Natural Science Foundation of China, 30872571 (PI), 01/01/2009-12/31/2011.
- Grant from Guangdong Natural Science Foundation, 07001628 (PI), 01/01/2008-12/31/2010.
- Grant from Guangdong province science and technology project, 2008GBCBC01250014149(PI), 01/01/2008-12/31/2010.
Peer-reviewed Articles (selected)
- Liu GH, Pareta A R, Zhang Y, Deng CH, et al. Skeletal Myogenic Differentiation of Urine-Derived Stem Cells and Angiogenesis Using Microsphere Beads Loaded with Growth Factors. Biomaterials. 2013; 34: 1311-26.
- Liu GH, Wang X, Sun XZ, Deng CH, et al. Improved angiogenesis augments muscle tissue engineering and innervations after implantation of urine-derived stem cells expressing VEGF. Biomaterials. 2013; 34:8617-29.
- Meihua Jiang, Bing Cai, Ying Tuo, Jiancheng Wang, Zhijun Zang, Xiang’an Tu, Yong Gao, Zhijian Su, Weiqiang Li, Guilan Li, Min Zhang, Jianwei Jiao, Zi Wan, Chunhua Deng, Bruce T Lahn, Andy Peng Xiang. Characterization of Nestin-positive stem Leydig cells as a potential source for the treatment of testicular Leydig cell dysfunction. Cell Res, 2014 Dec;24(12):1466-85.
- Ouyang B#, Sun X#, Han D, Chen S, Yao B, Gao Y, Bian J, Huang Y, Zhang Y, Wan Z, Yang B, Xiao H, Songyang Z, Liu G*, Zhang Y*, Deng C*. Human Urine-Derived Stem Cells Alone or Genetically-Modified with FGF2 Improve Type 2 Diabetic Erectile Dysfunction in A Rat Model. PloS ONE, 9(3): e92825, 2014
- S Chen, R Wu, Y Huang, F Zheng, Y Ou, X Tu, Y Zhang, C Deng* (Corresponding author). Insulin Resistance Is an Independent Determinate of ED in Young Adult Men. PloS one, 2013, 8(12):e83951.
- Chen S#, Wu R#, Huang Y#, Zheng F, Ou Y, Tu X, Zhang Y, Gao Y, Chen X, Zheng T, Yang Q, Wan Z, Sun X*, Liu G*, Deng C*. Insulin resistance is an independent determinate of ED in young adult men. PloS ONE, 8(12), e83951, 2013.
- Huang Y-P, Chen B, Yao F-J, Chen S-F, Ouyang B, Deng C-H, and Huang Y-R. Weaker masturbatory erection may be a sign of early cardiovascular risk associated with erectile dysfunction in young men without sexual intercourse. J Sex Med 2014;11:1519–1526.
- Liu GH, Sun X, Bian J, Deng CH, et al. Correction of Diabetic Erectile Dysfunction with Adipose Derived Stem Cells Modified With the Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Gene. PLoS One. 2013;8:e72790.
- Liu GH, Sun XZ, Deng CH, et al. Chronic administration of sildenafil modified the impaired VEGF system and improved the erectile function in rats with diabetic erectile dysfunction. J Sex Med. 2010; 7:3868-78.
- Huang YP, Sun XZ, Liu GH, Deng CH, et al. Glycosylated serum protein: a predictor of endothelial dysfunction in the young erectile dysfunction patients with “non-organic origin”? J Sex Med. 2011; 8:840-50.
- Zhao L, Deng CH, Sun XZ, Chen Y, Wang WW, Zhao LY, Zeng LY, Tu XA. A modified single-armed technique for microsurgical vasoepididymostomy. Asian J Androl. 2013;15(1):79-82.
- Luo D, Liu GH, Mo J, Deng CH, et al. Application of Suprapubic-Assisted Umbilical Laparoendoscopic Mini-dual-site Surgery (SAU-LEMDS) in the Treatment of Renal Cyst: Report of 26 Cases. J Xray Sci Technol 2013;21:441-7.
- Yao F, Liu L, Zhang Y, Huang Y, Liu D, Lin H, Liu Y, Fan R, Li C, Deng C. Erectile dysfunction may be the first clinical sign of insulin resistance and endothelial dysfunction in young men. Clin Res Cardiol. 2013;102(9):645-51.
- Yao F, Huang Y,Zhang Y, Dong Y, Ma H, Deng C, Lu K. Subclinical endothelial dysfunction and low-grade inflammation play roles in the development of erectile dysfunction in young men with low risk of coronary heart disease. Int J Androl 2012;;35(5): 653-9.
- Huang YP, Zhang YD, Gao Y, Yao FJ, Wang Y, Chen X, Ye YL, Ouyang B, Chen SF, Yuan XX, Ran W, Dai YP, Sun XZ, Deng CH. Abnormal endothelial function in ED patients with normal nocturnal penile tumescence and rigidity: is it the role of psychogenic factors? Int J Impot Res. 2012; 24(6):247-50.
- Gao Y, Huang YP, Tu XA, Luo DS, Wang DH, Qiu SP, Xiang P, Li WQ, Jan R, Zhang YY, Sun XZ, Deng CH. Genetic characterization and protein stability analysis of a Chinese family with Von Hippel-Lindau disease. Chin Med J (Engl). 2013;126(19):3690-3.
- Tu XA, Zhao L, Zhao LY, Zhou CM, Zhuang JT, Zhao JQ, Lv KL, Sun XZ, Qiu SP, Deng CH. Microsurgical vasovasostomy for the treatment of intractable chronic scrotal pain after vasectomy. Asian J Androl. 2013;15(6):850-1.
- Tu XA, Zhuang JT, Zhao L, Zhao LY, Zhao JQ, Lü KL, Sun XZ, Qiu SP, Zhang Y, Deng CH. Transurethral bipolar plasma kinetic resection of ejaculatory duct for treatment of ejaculatory duct obstruction. J Xray Sci Technol. 2013;21(2):293-302.
- Tu XA, Gao Y, Zhang YD, Zhuang JT, Zhao JQ, Zhao LY, Zhao L, Sun XZ, Qiu SP, Deng CH. Microsurgical denervation of the spermatic cord for treatment of idiopathic chronic orchialgia. Chin Med J (Engl). 2012;125(15):2784-6.
- Gao Y, Xu M, Xu ZF, Liu DW, Tu XA, Zheng YL, Wang DH, Sun XZ, Zheng FF, Qiu SP, Lü MD, Zhang YY, Xie XY, Deng CH. Percutaneous ultrasound-guided radiofrequency ablation treatment and genetic testing for renal cell carcinoma with Von Hippel-Lindau disease. J Xray Sci Technol. 2012;20(1):121-9.
- Ye YL, Bian J, Huang YP, Guo Y, Li ZX, Deng CH, Dai YP, Sun XZ. Primary mucinous adenocarcinoma of the renal pelvis with elevated CEA and CA19-9. Urol Int. 2011;87(4):484-8.
- Zhao LY, Tu XA, Xiang Y, Sun XZ, Deng CH. Was fine-needle vasography an obsolete diagnostic method to evaluate ejaculatory duct obstruction? Report of 37 cases. Urol Int. 2010;85(2):186-93.
- Guo Y, Liu GH, Yang D, Deng CH, et al. Role of MRI in Assessment of Ejaculatory Duct Obstruction. J Xray Sci Technol. 2013; 21: 141-6.
- Li H, Sun XZ, Liu GH, Deng CH, et al. Endovascular Stent Placement for Nutcracker Phenomenon. J Xray Sci Technol. 2013; 21: 95-102.
- Sun XZ, Liu GH, Wang ZQ, Deng CH, et al. Over expression of VEGF165 in the adipose tissue-derived stem cells (ADSCs) via the lentiviral vector. Chin Med J (Engl) 2011; 124:3093-7.
- W.-W. Wang, Deng CH, L.-W. Chen, et al. Psychosexual adjustment and age factors in 130 men undergone hypospadias surgery in a Chinese hospital. Andrologia. 2010 Dec;42(6):384-8.
- Ching-Shwun Lin, Zhong-Cheng Xin, Deng CH, et al. Defining adipose tissue-derived stem cells in tissue and in culture. Histology & Histopathology. 2010,25: 807-815.
- Wen-Wei Wang, Xiang-An Tu, Deng CH, et al. Long-term sexual activity status and influencing factors in men after surgery for hypospadias. Asian Journal of Andrology. 2009, 11(4):417-22.
- Luo B, Li W, Deng CH, et al. Utility of fluorescence in situ hybridization in the diagnosis of upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma. Cancer genetics and cytogenetics. 2009, 189(2):93-7.
- Zheng FF, Zhang ZY, Deng CH, et al. Metastasis to the penis in a patient with adenocarcinoma of lung, case report and literature review. Medical oncology. 2009, 26(2):228-32.
- Lin CS, Xin ZC, Deng CH, et al. Recent advances in andrology-related stem cell research. Asian journal of Andrology. 2008,10(2):171-5.
- Zhou L, Hwang AH, Deng CH, et al. Giant prostatic utricle associated with proximal hypospadias: repair by mucosa divesting and muscular tunnel obliteration. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2007.42(11):1882-6.
- Zhao LY, Tu XA, Deng CH, et al. The clinical curative effect of transurethral resection of the ejaculatory duct for iatrogenic ejaculatory duct obstruction after prostatic hyperthermia. Asian journal of Andrology. 2006,8(6):755-6
Book Chapters Written(selected)
Editor in Chief of Books:
Diagnose and Treatment Guideline of Chinese Andrologic Diseases (2013);
Microsurgery in Andrology;
Surgery in Andrology;
Manual books of Male Hypogonadism.
Liu GH, Deng CH and Zhang Y. Chapter 20: Autologous Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Tissue Engineering in Urology. Biomaterials and Stem Cells in Regenerative Medicine. CRC press. Editors: Murugan Ramalingam, Seeram Ramakrishna and Serena Best. 2011.